StepOut - Donate

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Few Random Questions and Comments

I went to the grocery store tonight and purchased 11 items. After the cashier at the 15-items or less checkout line finished ringing up my purchases, I somehow ended up with 4 separate bags. Does that seem disproportional and/or wasteful to anyone else?

If my freezer door has that rubberized seal around it's perimeter to keep all of the cold air in, then how did all of those ants manage to cross the threshold in order to die inside? I'll spare you the photo that I somehow talked myself out of taking. But, yes, the ants have invaded.

Just how much do the couples that appear on Bridezillas get paid? And - how much of it is staged? I have a hard time imagining anything that could be considered enough compensation for me to consent to a TV show portraying me in the worst, most selfish light possible. The website states that the brides will be generously compensated. But what about everyone else involved in their wedding that ends up looking crazy on national television?

I received a $75 gift certificate to Amazon for my birthday (thanks Dad & AM!). Now, what do I spend it on? True Blood seasons or yarn/craft supplies? I'm torn!

Why does the thought of developing jowls as I age freak me out? Seriously, it is what I fear the most about aging. I guess I am more vain than I thought!

Random Commentary - I am so happy that Undercover Boss is back on TV. What a great show!

Final Comment - I've given up on the natural flea control attempts and am going to give Gracie her first spot-on treatment tonight. I am tired of the constant vigilance and of Gracie's physical attacks that signal the end of our nightly flea-combing session. My arms can't take any more abuse! And poor Gracie must still be getting bitten, too.




7 comments:

Joie said...

Yes, wasteful. We get that a lot here too. I've found one way to avoid it is to ask for paper, then they try to jam everything in one bag.

You must try "Grant's Kills Ants". They are little metal steak/trap thingies, but unlike all the others, according to my father they work!

Hmm, don't know, but to be permanently and nationally known as a beyatch, it'd better be a lot...

That's a tough one, but I say craft supplies. Is there ever a time craft supplies aren't the answer? I don't think so. :)

Joie said...

Ok, so maybe if you ask me what I want to eat, craft supplies isn't the right answer....

Moriah said...

Wasteful. You could bring your own bags. I try and do that and half the time they stay in the trunk, or if I was good and used them, they don't make their way back to the car...
Craft supplies. You can always download TrueBlood off of iTunes or get them from Netflix...
The jowl thing scares me too. I look at my mom and see her jowls and floppy neck and am scared for my future...
I should update my blog, its been a week, but nothing new craft wise. I could always post pics of Evan... :)

Fluffycat said...

I think ants are great at getting in the smallest spaces possible. Sorry they got into your fridge though. I guess they weren't waiting for the food to come out of the fridge, ugh.

Amazon gift cards don't expire for a while so you could always use it to by holiday gifts in December if nothing else appeals.

BellaKarma said...

I completely forgot everything else you asked/commented on once I read "True Blood." ;-)

Your mom said...

The jowl thing is bad, I see mine coming so you have a long time before you need to worry about anything. My thought ladies: enjoy what you have now, and when you are beautiful inside, people really don't notice the outside anyway.

Dad said...

I like Fluffycat's response...you could use the money to buy a great gift for me! That's good re-gifting.